With new social networks sprouting up constantly, Linkedin is the platform that often gets underutilized or put on the back burner. But the truth is, Linkedin can be extremely powerful, especially when you're aware of all the platform's hidden features that don't get nearly as much attention as they deserve.
Before we jump to the 20 Quick Tips, how about a little background on Linkedin.
Linkedin was launched in 2003 and is currently the third most popular network in terms of unique monthly visitors, right behind Facebook and Twitter. Linkedin is Facebook with more professional features. The social network is primarily centered about careers, entrepreneurs and sales professionals. Linkedin enables users to connect and share content with other professionals, including colleagues as well as potential employers, business partners and new employees. If you are a business on Linkedin, it can be also a fantastic marketing tool!
So are you ready for some Linkedin tips?
1. Customize your public profile URL - use your name in your public profile so people can find you.
2. Add a Linkedin background photo to your personal profile - this gives your Linkedin profile a little more personality.
3. Create a profile badge for your personal website or blog.
4. Search engine optimize your Linkedin Profile - Add keywords to various sections of your profile such as your headline or in your summary.
5. Add, remove, and rearrange entire sections of your profile - Linkedin enables you to reorder entire sections of your profile in any way you prefer.
6. Take advantage of Saved Searches - Linkedin allows users to save up to ten job searches and three people searches.
7. Quickly convert your Linkedin profile into a resume - Linkedin comes with a Resume Building Tool.
8. Get endorsed for your skills - Enable users to endorse their connections for skills they've listed in the Skills section of their profile.
9. Check your network updates regularly - This is your newsfeed similar to Facebook.
10. Check out who's viewed your Linkedin profile - Has someone been checking your profile that you might want to connect with?
11. Export Your Connections to a file - Did you know you can export your Linkedin Connections to a CSV file and manage and import to your email contacts?
12. Leverage the Perks of Linkedin Groups - Linkedin allows you to send up to 15 messages to fellow group members per month..
13. Share Your Linkedin Status updates on Twitter - simply add your Twitter account to Linkedin and sync them.
The following tips are for businesses -
14. Optimize Your Linkedin Company Page - use all features of the Company Page and use key words!
15. Create targeted Linkedin Showcase Pages - use to promote specific products and services to a niche audience.
16. Use Linkedin Pulse to keep track of industry news - this is better than reading a magazine!
17. Use Linkedin to Generate Leads - post content and share links to your blog posts and landing pages and add a "call to action" to generate a great lead.
18. Create your own industry Linkedin Group and Join other relevant Groups - establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
19. Recruit new talent via Linkedin Careers - continue to keep your Company Page up to date with new opportunities.
20. Analyze your Linkedin Marketing Performance - use the Analytics tab in Company Pages to see what is working.
There you have it! There is so much to learn so if you need help, contact AIMC Business Solutions and get a free consultation!