Social Media and smart phones are an epidemic. I was walking through the streets of Boston today, you can feel the magnet of wireless connectivity from all of the people glued to their phones posting an Instagram Story, commenting about their hair or even better tweeting about Donnie boy. It honestly drives me crazy and makes me yearn for the good ol' days of wall phones, cassette tapes and people that talk to you and say hi walking down the street.
So I came up with the Top Ten Reasons Why Social Media is Driving Us All Crazy with some throwbacks to the old days. Enjoy :)
10. Everyone thinks they need to practice the First Amendment and then troll anyone that has a different opinion. You know this never happened in 1995 right?
9. You know that old crush from high school is trolling through all of your pictures now and using your picture as their screensaver. Now that is a creepy thought. Back in 1995, you just had a pin board in your room. Now it is all online. Creepy.
8. People need to post their "check-in" to the gym, the hairdresser, the bar, their work, their house, their garage, even their bathroom. Honestly, who cares where you are right now. You are asking to get stalked.
7. Trump. That frigging orange face is all over the place. He finally is in first place and on the first page of Google because he is trending on social media every flipping day.
6. Traffic in major cities is worst than ever. Why? Because everyone is multi-tasking texting and posting on social media when they should be looking ahead and driving. Wanna solve the traffic issue? Everyone, put their phones down. Back in 1995, the issue was reading the newspaper and shaving while driving.
5. Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, SMS... UGH!!!! Where else can I post about something useless today? I can't keep up with all of these social media apps on my phone. Remember in 1995, when we just had a beeper and it beeped when someone was trying to contact us?
4. Social Media is now a Sales Funnel for that great new business you started. Honestly, people could care less you found this great little organic grain drink that gives you energy and makes your skin glow like a full moon. This drives a lot of people crazy and has caused a lot of blocking of friends. Back in 1995, you simply sold lemonade on the side of the street.
3. People get so emotional on Social Media. See #10. Honestly, people need to chill out and not take things so seriously. Who cares if someone posted that you have a wart on the side of your ear or they hate the city you live in? Relax and remember, "Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me". Move on.
2. Oh, great now they have live video on most Social Media platforms. Nice, now some chick is going to post of video of her brushing her hair for twenty minutes. That is sure to drive some people crazy.
1. Always remember, everything you post cannot be deleted so if you screw up, it will be with you forever. That is sure to drive you crazy. Nothing like the old days when you can simply burn or shred that bad note.